b Self-Helpless: True Tales of a Working Girl: The $64,000 Question

4/03/2006

 

The $64,000 Question

Since my big day last Friday, I've had many people asking the following questions:

1. How did the meeting go?

2. How do I feel?



My answers:

#1: The meeting lasted less than 5 minutes. Miss Manager and Miss Understand were both out on vacation. So I went to "The Chief". The Chief wasn't surprised in the least bit. But if you think about it, who would be? Everyone in my department knows my situation -- there's NO doubt in anyone's mind WHY I'm going.

Of course, everyone wants to know where I'm going. I haven't - and won't - say a word until after I'm gone. They don't need to know my plans.

#2: I feel fine. Actually, I feel more or less the same way I did before I resigned. Although I'm anxious and scared of the uncertainty that my future holds, not ONCE did it occur to me to NOT RESIGN. This was something that I knew had to be done. It's that simple.

But I do have to say a HUGE THANK-YOU to everyone for your kind words and wishes. You guys have been a huge help/inspiration to me these last few months. Your support has helped tremendously.

From the bottom of my heart, I thank you.

Copyright 2006 Pied Piper Consulting

Digg!
Comments: Post a Comment



< Home>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?