b Self-Helpless: True Tales of a Working Girl: The Boss Can Do No Wrong

7/01/2006

 

The Boss Can Do No Wrong

People that have double standards are weak.

“Do as I say, not as I do” is bollocks. To be credible, you need to put your money where your mouth is. Employees that mimic your behavior are in a way trying to emulate you; good, bad, or indifferent. If you do something, people get the message that it’s OK for them to do it too.

Apparently this isn’t the case when it comes to gossip. I don’t mean just office gossip, I mean personal gossip. Some managers I once knew whispered things about a certain employee’s personal life. Personal life, meaning - LIFE OUTSIDE OF THE OFFICE.

No good deed goes unpunished. One of these managers caught wind of something said about their personal life. I don’t know whether it was true or not, but they had closed-door meetings with those suspected of spreading the gossip. I don’t know whether those suspected were guilty or not either. I just know that the employee originally gossiped about was rendered powerless against management’s attacks.

It’s interesting how it was okay for this person to mouth off about their employees, but they get all shocked and shaken when someone talks about them. Seems only right to me.

Hey, what comes ‘round, goes ‘round, no? Everyone gets a turn.

Digg!
Comments: Post a Comment



< Home>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?