b Self-Helpless: True Tales of a Working Girl: Time and Again, Idiocy is Rewarded

7/01/2006

 

Time and Again, Idiocy is Rewarded

It never ceases to amaze me how the biggest dolts get promoted over the hardest workers. It just goes to show that politics is everything in Corporate America. The funny thing is (and I don't mean funny ha-ha, but more like cosmically ha-ha), there is a specific case I just heard of someone getting promoted. This is an individual who is a known troublemaker. In the process of this person getting promoted, someone lower on the food chain got duped.

In certain organizations where there appear to be so many "good" things in place, these seemingly uncharacteristic moves happen. I'm not sure I'll ever understand why this is, or how this is good for business. This couldn't be good for business. It certainly couldn't be good for morale.

I hang my head and shake it in disgust.

Digg!
Comments:
In my workplace Idiocy is not rewarded with promotions, but Incompetence is...it's as if they are thinking..."well Employee A can't fit this widget together...maybe s/he would do better managing the people who can do it...oops, OK maybe not...maybe if they are a Director...Sr Director...OK how about AVP?..."

Companies need to look harder at the working stiffs...the people who make things happen...and reward them!
 
Amen my friend, amen!
 
Post a Comment



< Home>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?