b Self-Helpless: True Tales of a Working Girl: Pizza Parties = Bad News

9/18/2006

 

Pizza Parties = Bad News

I once worked at a company that used to deliver bad news by throwing pizza parties. Okay, so sometimes the pizza would follow the bad news, but it was always clear why us pee-ons were eating pizza: management thought they could buy us with food.

Here's a hint: If anyone wants to buy me with food, please buy me a 2 lb. lobster and have a bottle of Piper Heidsieck chilling. That's how you impress me and make me forget whatever news you had to deliver. I'm easy like that.

But pizza? Come on, I could walk to the corner and get some slices myself, thankyouverymuch.

It was funny though. When several of us got "restructured", we counted down the days till the next pizza gathering. They were so predictable.

Digg!
Comments: Post a Comment



< Home>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?