If I fail, I can end up in the street.
2. Health insurance is damn expensive!
3. You don't always have feedback when you need it.
4. Having the discipline doesn't come easy; it's a learned talent.
5. Since there is no more "9 to 5", it's not as easy to put the pencil down and go home. I often work 7 days a week, including holidays.
6. That also means no sick days. If I don't work, I don't get paid.
7. Work doesn't always appear when I need or want it.
8. It's a LOT of work with no instant gratification or payment. There's a reason why I freelance in addition to running my business.
9. Just because I don't have a boss doesn't mean I don't hear the word "No" a lot.
10. There is no "job security".